|Voice Amp with static burst Fx for Troopers
►The module is provided ready to work with a SD card preloaded with static burst sounds and configuration file. Other static sounds sets will be available from the download section of the website.
Unherited from Crystal Focus Saber Core, Voice Core is dedicated to voice transformation with static burst effects. It's particularly adapted for troopers and bounty hunters. The module is quite original since it provides a comm / radio / walkie-talkie like effect, amplifies the voice to the outside of a helmet and adds the classic static burst that often ends a radio transmission. The module can also add distorsion and noise background on the voice.
The module now has even more voice Fx that can be combined :
- Flanger : cybernetic modulation / Robocop like fx
- Voice Scrambler : strong fx to get something like Boushh / Bounty Hunter
- Chorus : a random phasing producing some gargles in the voice
- Static Phasing : artificial voice color, but very easy to understand, it doesn't break the prosody too much. An important phasing value leads to an Echo Fx.
- Chopper : 100% volume modulation, chops the talk. At an average rate, it also pitches down the voice
Watch the latest video at the bottom of this page to discover the newest features and the various combinations that can be obtained !
Fully engineered and built by Plecter Labs, this electronic board allows you to play digital quality sounds for the sound effects. The board embeds a removable SD card and plays 22.050 kHz
/ 16 bit sounds. Those sounds a totally changeable by the user with a simple and inexpensive USB card reader.
The effects and behavior of the board is setup in a text configuration file stored on the SD card that hosts the sounds !
The module plays back several static burst sounds selected in a sequencial or in a random way (for more realism). The module also features a push to talk control if the user prefers to trigger the voice amp and fx with the control of a momentary switch instead of voice loudness detection.
Sound is sent directly to speakers (like the ones from triktoys that fit the breathing vents), or to an external amp (provided) or to both !
Our module also embeds a DSP algorithm to reasonnably stay away from echo and feedback (larsen effect).
Dimensions : 62x30x10 mm (with the SD card)
Power supply : 3.5 to 11 V. 4 AA alkalines or nimh recheageable, or a 9V battery if the board is used only with the external amp (or if the runtime isn't a big concern)
Idle current : < 20 mA
Compatibility : audio input by mini jack for a multimedia microphone (provided). Output 1 : entrée audio mini jack stéréo type microphone multimédia (founi). Sortie 1 : mono mini jack to speakers with onboard amp (8 ohm or 4 ohm, 1W). Output 2 : mono mini jack to external amplifier (line level).
Kit contents (cf picture) :
Download the user's manual to discover all the possibilities of this module !
- The electronic board (A)
- The preloaded SD card with sound and configuration file (B)
- An adapted microphone (C)
- An external amp running on an embedded li-ion battery rechargeable with USB or any +5V supply (D)
- Two mini-jack male-female extension cable for connecting the external amp and the speakers (E)
- A 9V battery connector (F)
Video demonstration of the module :
Version 2.0 New Features